- We are a Special Needs Centre based in Somerset West and
specialise in helping children with developmental delays. We offer a unique ABA
grounded programme delivering dedicated one to one therapy as encapsulated in
the ASAP programme.
- ASAP prides itself in developing exclusive, comprehensive
Individualised Education Developmental Programmes (IEDP) catering to the
child’s specific needs
- ASAP commits to regular assessments followed by detailed
feedback and close collaboration with the parents.
- We deem motor development in all its facets as central to
assist in advancing the child.
- We create opportunities for social interaction and the practice
of social skills in a group environment.
- We implement school facilitation leading to integration into
- ASAP prides itself in knowing when to phase out our students
into the regular or special needs schools, employing a specific guided
programme. This poses to be a huge problem when done prematurely and unguided.
- We value collaboration with paraprofessionals such as
occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, cranio-sacral
therapist, reflexologist, music therapist, DAN doctors and an array of other
professionals working in our field.
- We believe that skills learnt in therapy should be
generalised and, therefore do IEDP outings focussing on the child's
developmental level as well as needs.
- At ASAP we see
parents as our partners and provide valuable home support .
- As neither the presentation of symptoms of ASD nor the
profile of a child on the spectrum is universal, effective intervention
requires the so-called, ‘ASAP - cocktail
approach’. It is the combination of a vast array of different techniques